Friday, March 7, 2008

Super Savings Saturday ~Walgreens~

Well another week, another reason to hit all the Walgreen stores in town! I got lots of the Olay soap deal! I pretty much got all of this for free/ got paid to buy these items when you factor in the $24 I got in Register Rewards for the soap! ~ On the way to deals there are road blocks sometimes...
I had a confrontation with a Walgreens manager yesterday... She confronted me- what a mess! The manager would only let me buy 4 of the Maybeline lip glosses on my third transaction at her store (they were on clearance and FREE after using a coupon, she was mad that I had so many coupons and limited how many I could buy, which was not fair, because managers usually want people to buy items that are on clearance so the store is not "stuck" with an item they no longer carry). I tried to explain this to her, but she would have none of it... So I contacted the 1-800 Walgreens number this morning and made my case to them, and then later today the Head store manager of the Walgreens store called me and told me that yes, I was right- I could buy as many lip glosses as I wanted, they are on clearance and she wants to get rid of them... so she said she would hold the rest for me and I could come and buy them all! So I went in later today bought the remaining 13 lip glosses for a total of $1, which was tax. Sweet! :) ~It is so crazy that because of my studying/ reading on Hotcouponworld I know more about Walgreens policies than a Walgreens manager does! :-P




All this for pennies, my friends :)

Totals: 16 cents and 9 cents.... (I love the negative subtotals: -39 cents and -41 cents! -Had to toss in a filler!)

Totals: 69 cents and $2.66 (TP and Jackson's Meds)

13 lip glosses for a total of $1.00 (I only paid for tax, they were FREE baby, yea!)

No comments: