Saturday, September 8, 2007

Labor Day visit to Colonal Williamsburg (Continued)
















We had a great time visiting Colonial Williamsburg on Monday... We both got a good workout... me carrying baby Jackson in the Ergo carrier and Tony caring the baby bag! :) They had reenactors speaking from 2:30 pm till nearly 5 pm (The program was called: "Revolutionary City ~ Nation Builders")! The most memorable part of the day happened right after Patrick Henry's famous "Give me Liberty or Give me Death" speech… I left the speech a little early and went behind the Raleigh Tavern and changed Jackson’s diaper… I had just finished and was walking to the side of the Tavern, back to the main street and the man who played editor of the Virginia Gazette (I cannot remember his name!) and (the man who played) Patrick Henry were exiting out the back of the Tavern and I was in front of them, they saw me, followed me and caught up to me and they started having a conversation between the the two of them about Jackson… As I got to the sidewalk I realized they were somewhat addressing me/ wanted me to hear what they were saying, so I slowed down when I saw Tony waiting for me on the sidewalk… So he got to hear most of the conversation too!
(Patrick Henry is in the 3rd photo from the top and the Editor of the Gazette is in the 4th photo from the top.)
Here’s a gist of how the conversation went between the two men:

Editor of the Gazette: "I was like that once!"

Patrick Henry: "What, you were a little girl once?"

Editor of the Gazette: "No, I was a young boy once, like him, with Argyle socks! I grew up in Scotland you know!

....Editor of the Gazette: "You know God creates all babies…but some babies are just naturally more beautiful than others! And THIS is one of them! This is a Beautiful baby! He takes after his Mother in that way, of course!" "....Mr. Henry, won't you jump in with me? I'm digging a big enough pit for the both of us!"

(Because I was laughing, blushing and kind of walking away a bit)

Patrick Henry: "Indeed you are! …But he IS a beautiful baby!”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We also had a great time visiting Tony's favorite stop- the Cabinet Maker's Shop! Tony played the harpsichord (again) and talked with the harpsichord makers, the one older gentleman (he is in the last two pictures) made such a do-to over Jackson! It was so much fun! Jackson made many friends throughout the day! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen, those are adorable ictures. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time and a great day!